t can contain an Address Book, Calculator, Calendar, Dictionary, To Do List, Clock, etc.
It is not necessary that it will look exactly like the Mac's Dashboard or the Windows Sidebar (especially when it comes to the look and feel; with transparent and animation effects). What's important is it contains mini useful applications.
- The mini applications can be inside a parent application with a menu or they can be on different separate applications which you can:
- position anywhere around the screen (not required);
- hide or unhide (required)
- No database utilization required (not required); Saving/Retrieving of data must be done through text files.
- "To Do List" mini application is required. Please see [To Do List Requirements]
To Do List Requirements
- Users must be able to enter tasks and can contain:
- the name of the task
- start date and due date (with time, of course)
- priority (normal, medium, high)
- category of tasks; work, school, home, friends, etc. (not required)
- alarm or reminder (nor required)
- Users must be able to see all the unfinished tasks once they open the application, of course. :)
- Users must be able to see all the completed tasks (with the date and time when the task was completed)
- Other than being unable to tag a task as completed or unfinished, users must also be able to delete a task.