i am creating an application in which i require a splash screen. Now the thing is that i want my splash screen to be there without any title bar and frame border what should be the necessary code for it plz provide me with that....
thank you....

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jx_Man

go to solution explorer > right click your project > click add (i dont have vb at school so not sure but i think its add or it might be add form) > then double click splash screen.

i dont think that has a title bar or a fram border

if it does, go to properties of form and put the "FormBorderStyle" to "none"

Use timer to make delay and progress bar.
so, draw a timer and progress bar then add this following code :

Private Sub WelcomeScreen_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Timer1.Enabled = True
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        ProgressBar1.Value += 2

If ProgressBar1.Value = 98 Then
            Dim obj As New Form2
            obj.ShowDialog() 'open form2
        End If
        If ProgressBar1.Value = 100 Then
            Timer1.Dispose()
            Me.Visible = False
        End If
End Sub

Sir i asked u what will be the code to create a splash screen in vb.net without any titlebar and any border ..... plz help me with that

Just add that code above and set FormBorderStyle = None on form properties to make form without title bar.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.