Ada95 is a very capable, full featured language & is not just limited to DoD work.Any thoughts?Anyone ever used it? We need a AdA forum, you know some real stuff not just limited to simple things in life like C(ect) :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what exactly is Ada? Never really heard of it.

It's not a maintream language. If we were to go with another language, I would go with Python, Pascal, or even heck, Assembly. No Ada though. This is the second time I actually hear it of it. Sorry!

Man I have not really attended to this thread sorry guys. Ok let me shed some light!
Ada95 is used (pays well) and you will find that it is a requirement, where software is needed that people could die if it fails,hence C++...ect being amateur
EXAMPLE: space equipment,medical devices,rockets,nukes,ect........ the list goes on and on.

I would think that you comp science people would be taught this, maybe they only teach it at a few select schools?

If you were not taught in comp science or what not, AdA95 is far better than C/C++...but C/C++ are faster and have more rapid dev times because they are so loose and it is easy to be slopy, unlike AdA. ;)

Here is a great book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...nce&s=books

***EDIT ada95 should not even be in this forum, I'll let the mods guess where it should be layed to rest.

***EDIT ada95 should not even be in this forum, I'll let the mods guess where it should be layed to rest.

Hrm... I'm thinking Computer Science would be a better forum for this?

Mind telling us a bit more about Ada? If it doesn't belong in the Scripting forum, I'm assuming it's compiled, right? What platforms does it run on? What programs are out there to interpret/compile it?

I personally am open to exploring anything new in terms of computers and languages... Until I get some more information about Ada, I'm tempted to keep the thread here.

I guess you took over cissa's job? I'm glad you want to learn about AdA but it's not new. I put it here to test the level of knowledge that the CompScience people had around these parts. But here is AdA95 in a nutshell PDF .....ALC did you get those links I posted on security & whatnot?

Hrm... I'm thinking Computer Science would be a better forum for this?

Mind telling us a bit more about Ada? If it doesn't belong in the Scripting forum, I'm assuming it's compiled, right? What platforms does it run on? What programs are out there to interpret/compile it?

I personally am open to exploring anything new in terms of computers and languages... Until I get some more information about Ada, I'm tempted to keep the thread here.

It's compiled, yep. It's based on Pascal, so it probably resembles it a lot.
It runs on many/most platforms, there's a GNU compiler for it which is pretty popular: gnat.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.