greetings all.

this is my first post on these forums so excuse me if i'm not familier with etiquettes!

im looking for a way of making my program wait before continuing on to the next line of code. i know a function does exist, it is even one i have used before! but since then i've both deleted the program i used it on and forgotten all about it!

my aim is to use loops to make a repeating change to a component, but with time before each repetition so that the user can see the effect. i hope this makes sense.

i have had a brief search of the forum and not found this listed else where but i apologise in advance if my search wasn't thorough enough!

thanks very much

greetings all.

this is my first post on these forums so excuse me if i'm not familier with etiquettes!

im looking for a way of making my program wait before continuing on to the next line of code. i know a function does exist, it is even one i have used before! but since then i've both deleted the program i used it on and forgotten all about it!

my aim is to use loops to make a repeating change to a component, but with time before each repetition so that the user can see the effect. i hope this makes sense.

i have had a brief search of the forum and not found this listed else where but i apologise in advance if my search wasn't thorough enough!

thanks very much

sleep(1000); //in milliseconds

hi, this is my first post how to use timer in hard code?tnx in advance..

for delphi:

procedure Wait(ms: integer);
var
  bt: DWORD;
begin
  bt := GetTickCount;
  while (GetTickCount - bt) < ms do
    Application.ProcessMessages;
end;
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.