Hello once again.

I'm really interested in making a voice operated aplication for my computer (and those who want to download it).

Where should I start reading on this subject. If I google it, I find a million answers but I'd rather have someone who knows their way let me know where to start.

I want it the program to start and the shows a list of commands to the user and ask him/her to read the commands out loud (into the mic) and then the program would recognize that wave for that command. I think that's better than having the program try to recognize any wave. Correct? :P

Thank you. :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Even if you do that, the wave would be almost certainly different for each time they said it, background noises, emotion, tiredness, directionality.

Normally those who want voice operated would already have a product such as dragon naturally speaking - this may help you as you can tie your program in with it.

Hello once again.

I'm really interested in making a voice operated aplication for my computer (and those who want to download it).

Where should I start reading on this subject. If I google it, I find a million answers but I'd rather have someone who knows their way let me know where to start.

I want it the program to start and the shows a list of commands to the user and ask him/her to read the commands out loud (into the mic) and then the program would recognize that wave for that command. I think that's better than having the program try to recognize any wave. Correct? :P

Thank you. :)

Hi, You may start your Voice Application by writing code using SAPI SDK. Try this in Google. You can download SAPI SDK from Microsoft Website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.