hey all :cool: !!

me a new member here.. jsu joined up a couple of weeks back..
anyways peeps me is in fy B.E .CSE .. tho i am not a good programmer i dunno y i took it up... but i still like it... :D

as all do i too have an fy project to do.. was reading the forums the other day and came across a thread which had pretty cool ideas... foe example:

1)A MMOG engine.
It had a global view of all players & you could only see the people on your own 'map'... there was a limit of 14,000 maps or something like that... 256X256. The neat part about it was that you could have people online playing & somebody could edit pat #24 & EVERYBODY would immidiatly see the new mat 24, the old one would be history! It allowed moderators to build the world without the players having to redownload the program itself.

(this is i guess something like world of warcraft - not sure :p | tht game is sweet)

2) Have a program that when launched sets up an environment. Use a couple shapes for routers, and have abilities to program in IP numbers and perhaps other protocols. Have it accept the subnet masks and other things... awareness of ports. Use this environment to prototype network installations, and program Cisco routers. Have it visual to show if traffic flows between the networks or not. Be able to close ports and change subnets, and see if the traffic stops, or changes directions. Have it detect if there are loops in the network.

both of these sound greek to me.. :p

i know a bit of c++ .. its the programming language i am in love with..
i would really appreciate if some of ya ppl helped out in how to go abt either one of these projects.... i am not sure if c++ is the right language for them...
incase anyone else got any other ideas pls lemme know...
i don mind learning anyother programming language if i have to but wud love to work in c++ :cheesy:

thanx all

party on

Dark Darkest
DarKo

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

If you're not very good at programming I'd say take something simpler, a LOT simpler.
Large teams of highly experienced professionals take months or years to create MMOG.

If you're not very good at programming I'd say take something simpler, a LOT simpler.
Large teams of highly experienced professionals take months or years to create MMOG.

kk.. i get the point.. :confused:
probly u cud help me something simpler... coz i can think of anything... wat abt the other option??

Dark Darkest
DarKo

Speak clean english and you might get a few more responses.

well if u wanna help then fine.. else jus go sit for some other forum thread dude..

Well you have to be somewhat intelligent to be able to program and by speaking proper english its a step forward.

Well you have to be somewhat intelligent to be able to program and by speaking proper english its a step forward.

lol.. mayb for you intelligent means speaking proper english... man u are smart.. aint saying anything more .. dont wanna hurt ur tender mind...
oh btw i am pretty proficient in english... and have no doubt in saying that i am smarter than you...

So typical of the younger generation. You don't jump and do their homework for them and they get abusive.
Good thing he's not a neighbourhood kid of us or he'd start shooting...

oh btw i am pretty proficient in english... and have no doubt in saying that i am smarter than you...

I have serious doubts about both your claims.
If you were proficient in English you'd not use the words and lexical structures you are using and if you had any intelligence at all you'd understand that your behaviour here isn't likely to incite people to help you.

So typical of the younger generation. You don't jump and do their homework for them and they get abusive.

i dint ask u to do my home work i said this:

i would really appreciate if some of ya ppl helped out in how to go abt either one of these projects

if were so good in english u would have understood what i meant was to help me out in planning about it & not doing it for me... i guess i needn't say more ...

as for helping me out with my project... i thought this forum wud the best for help but i'm changing my mind abt it..

and by the way the statement:

sounds pretty much offensive... n i din start it..

anyways.. enjoy urself..

Dark Darkest
Darko

Okay, let me weigh in on this for a moment.

jasweb2002's comments could be a little more diplomatic, but he's spot-on. You're on a forum, not a chat-site or instant messenger. There is no need to abbreviate things, or use cutesy little spelling here. You have all the time in the world to read and reread your post before hitting Submit, so there's no need to make things short.

The best thing to do in a forum, in fact, is to be as clear as possible. Capitalize words properly-- most programming languages are case-sensitive, so that is a very important English construct that does carry over in the programming world. Don't abbreviate or use shorthand here-- it is counterproductive to your goal of getting help to say "omfg dood wat wud i do if i needed 2 get u 2 help me wit my fy prjt i need", and nobody understands what you're saying.

So please, for your own sake, use correct English, and you might get more responses than saying:

kk.. i get the point..
probly u cud help me something simpler... coz i can think of anything... wat abt the other option??

or

i would really appreciate if some of ya ppl helped out in how to go abt either one of these projects

or

if were so good in english u would have understood what i meant was to help me out in planning about it & not doing it for me... i guess i needn't say more ...

How much harder is it to type those extra 2-3 characters on each word? For goodness sake, if you're going to be a programmer-- get used to typing! Besides, you often have to write a little something in order to get into a job in the first place.

OK. Understood well and good. So, now can any of you guys help me with my FY project ? ?

Hey darko, maybe we can help Eachother.
If I understand correctly, we both want to:
(A)-learn to program, regardless of programming software.
(B)-Create an MMORPG.
It would be great if we can help one-another.

reply soon please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.