Hi All,

I am interested in making http requests and parse the response back from that request using a Borland C++ 5.0 Client application.

If anyone has a sample code or some links that can help me write this method, that would be great. I did some google and could not find much sample code. I want to use Borland Library if possible and am also open to external libraries that can work with Borland C++ 5.0.

One of the samples showed to use Perl GET method and I am not comfortable using that. Any other samples or links I can mimic to code my piece would be helpful!

Thanks
Masti

I don't know if anybody here happens to be familiar with "Borland C++ 5.0 Client" applications (assuming "Client" is capitalized as part of the proper name for this sort of thing).

I am unsure, though, what you mean by the "Perl GET method". What does Perl have to do with GET? "GET" is a part of the HTTP protocol. If I remember correctly, for a simple transaction, you send the string "GET /path/to/file.html HTTP/1.1\r\nHOST www.example.com\r\n" . Then the server responds with headers and maybe a blank line and file. I'm not sure and don't care to look this up; I haven't written an HTTP client in a while, you see :).

Could you give a link to this sample, or paste its code, and explain what you find uncomfortable about that?

Yours Truly,
######

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.