Hi iam developing one application where i need to to send simple sms from to tomcat server .. can any one help me in this.. if possible plz send me the sample code...how to configure port number and mobilenumber..

thanks&Regards
Basha

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Who says a tomcat server would accept an SMS?

hi this is my requirement..
i have developed an application for bank accounts. Its a web application and my server is Tomcat 5.0. my requirement is that user
could sms (from their mobile) to my application. In the SMS they will provide their account no and in response my application will send a sms
to their cell phone giving them their current balance.

iam using nowsms as a gateway and i cinnected my mobile as modem..
plz help me in this..

i have developed an application for bank accounts. Its a web application and my server is Tomcat 5.0. my requirement is that user
could sms (from their mobile) to my application. In the SMS they will provide their account no and in response my application will send a sms

plz help me in this..

plz help me in this..

Well, hopefully you have a handy attached to the Server running the Tomcat.

IOW, AFAIK, you need some sort of Gateway to send/receive sms messages from the computer. There are some sites out there that let you do so (and you may be able to use them as a proxy, but if they find out you are using it for a commercial app, it would be probably get very expensive, very quickly), but to do it on your own, you are going to need a modem, not just a connection to the internet. And the use of this modem has nothing to do with Tomcat.

Check out this for more info (although not Java related it has some good general info) http://www.developershome.com/sms/

Edit: Nevermind, I see you are using a gateway. But, if that is an internet SMS gateway, what do you need your mobile for? You should be able to use it using HttpUrlConnection, right?

Iam using now sms gate way and i connected my phone as a modem... now i want send msgs through that nowsms gateway... i hope u understand this... from mobile one request will come to tomcat server and it has to reply through nowsms gateway how can i do this... plz help me if possible..

Basha

Well, hopefully you have a handy attached to the Server running the Tomcat.

IOW, AFAIK, you need some sort of Gateway to send/receive sms messages from the computer. There are some sites out there that let you do so (and you may be able to use them as a proxy, but if they find out you are using it for a commercial app, it would be probably get very expensive, very quickly), but to do it on your own, you are going to need a modem, not just a connection to the internet. And the use of this modem has nothing to do with Tomcat.

Check out this for more info (although not Java related it has some good general info) http://www.developershome.com/sms/

Read the article I gave you.

And if you are receving through the handy, why don't you also send through the handy?

Conversly, if you are sending through nowsms, why are you not receiving through nowsms?

If they don't provide a reception service, then find a different gateway.

Edit: Of course, I hope you have some very, very, very good authentication system for this, as I am sure the customers would not want their balances to be broadcast to anyone with an sms service.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.