Hi

I am working on a pocket pc application. I am displaying text as one word at a time on the screen with a delay of 240ms. But the problem is as soon the the text starts running on the screen ,, i cant access any menu functions. It is possibly something to with the threads but what it is actually i cant figure it out. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Private Sub MenuItem7_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MenuItem7.Click

Try

Dim t1 As New Thread(AddressOf th1)
t1.Start()
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
End Try
End Sub
Public Sub th1()
Me.BeginInvoke(New InvokeDelegate(AddressOf txt))
End Sub
Public Sub txt()
Dim readcontents As String
readcontents = TextBox1.Text
textdelimiter = (" ")
Dim splitout() As String = Split(readcontents, textdelimiter)
Dim i As Integer
For i = 0 To UBound(splitout)

Label1.Text = splitout(i)

Label1.Refresh()
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(240)

Next

End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't do PocketPC programming but I think System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(240) makes your "main" thread to sleep instead of "current" thread. As you can see, I'm not that familiar with threading either ;)

Thanks for your reply.
The format that i am using for sleep method is for the current thread i have checked that. Interestingly the same code works well for desktop pc. I am really a beginner and threading methods for pocket pc are very different (limited) than desktop pc.
But i need to get this going...

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.