Hi,

I have one window application which accesing database continously on different server. After performing operation on some number of records, it alway throws an exception (application and databse on different server) :

Exception :
A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)
Stack Trace:
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPacket(Int32 bytesExpected)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByteArray(Byte[] buff, Int32 offset, Int32 len)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadUInt32()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPlpLength(Boolean returnPlpNullIfNull)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadPlpBytes(Byte[]& buff, Int32 offst, Int32 len)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadStringWithEncoding(Int32 length, Encoding encoding, Boolean isPlp)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadSqlStringValue(SqlBuffer value, Byte type, Int32 length, Encoding encoding, Boolean isPlp, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadSqlValue(SqlBuffer value, SqlMetaDataPriv md, Int32 length, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadColumnData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadColumn(Int32 i, Boolean setTimeout)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValueInternal(Int32 i)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)
at DTSearchIndexApplication.SearchDataSource.PopulateQueue(Int32 folderTypeId)

So, your code should be allowing for the server to disapear, as its not the same app and you cant guarentee its existance or connectivity, so you should have code in your app already that works with the fact the server can and potentially will disapear, and on doing so it should try reconnecting

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.