Hi all,
I am trying to create Web Controls and i am getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

i inserted all respective directives and namespaces at the begining of the page and also in the web.config file. But it still says it cannot find the file specified.

My code goes as following:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="toolbars.aspx.cs" Inherits="toolbars" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="webControls" 
             Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" 
             Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>

<html >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <script  language="c#" runat="server">
        public void buttonSelected(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string name;
            name = sender.ToString();
            Response.Write(name);
        }
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
    <h1>USING TOOLBAR ELEMENTS</h1>
    <webControls:Toolbar id="toolbar" runat="server" onButtonClick="buttonSelected" >
    <webControls:ToolbarButton id="home" Text="Home" />
    <webControls:ToolbarButton id="call" Text="Callus" />
    </webControls:Toolbar>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

i inserted the tagprefix in the page elements section of the web.config file too as following

:
:
:
:

<pages enableViewStateMac="false" >
			<controls>
				<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
				<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="webControls" namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"   />
      </controls>
		</pages>
:
:
:
:

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ASP.NET forum http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum18.html

Are you saying you want me to post it in ASP.NET forum ?!
I have already run a search for my query there and did not get any related issues.
May be i have to post the query there fr getting better answers.

Thanx.

Is the error on your machine or on the webserver you uploaded to? the asp.net forum would be better as this is a generic c# forum, the guys in the asp.net are more dedicated to webservers

Is the error on your machine or on the webserver you uploaded to? the asp.net forum would be better as this is a generic c# forum, the guys in the asp.net are more dedicated to webservers

Thnx , I posted it there..
The error is on my machine not on any webserver.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.