Hey, I'm trying to make a basic engine in Lua that prints out "Hello World" now I have downloaded lua and put the files include files into the same folder. But it won't compile.

Is there a linker I need? Please help :( thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey, I'm trying to make a basic engine in Lua that prints out "Hello World" now I have downloaded lua and put the files include files into the same folder. But it won't compile.

Is there a linker I need? Please help :( thanks

You seem to have posted a Lua language question in the C++ forum. I wouldn't expect very good results if I were you.

First, Lua is a scripting language, not a compiled language. This means there is no compiler or linker, Just an interpreter (which probably acts as both). Second, you need to find the lua executable, and run it first. On a linux system, it might look like: ./lua myfile.lua . Alternately, you could open the .lua file that you are making and make the first line something like: #!/usr/bin/lua or if the .lua file is in the same directory as the lua binary #!./lua And yes, this is the C++ forum.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.