Can u people help me in getting java code to transfer files (FTP) over the LAN.Give me the complete code for this.

I wan that a FTP request to be send to the desired host and if the host accept the request then the browse menu be opened that allows the host to select the file to be transfered.Then by clicking on some button the FTP operation should be completed. The ttransfered file should be saved in an appropriate folder on the client side.

i will be greately thankful to u people.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Give me the complete code for this.

Yeah and you give us a billiion dollars for that.
Only the forum rules are stopping me from telling what reply you should be getting for that.

Have you taken care to read the forum rules before making any such nonsense requests ? If not, do that.

When you have done that then you might come back to us asking for specific help.

commented: lolzzz +5

Can u people help me in getting java code to transfer files (FTP) over the LAN.Give me the complete code for this.

I wan that a FTP request to be send to the desired host and if the host accept the request then the browse menu be opened that allows the host to select the file to be transfered.Then by clicking on some button the FTP operation should be completed. The ttransfered file should be saved in an appropriate folder on the client side.

i will be greately thankful to u people.

If this is a homework or self improvement assignment, consider at least giving it a try by going through the basic networking tutorials on Sun and the source code of the open source libraries out there.

If not a homework, there is no need to look for a *Java code* to do this; there are many free and open source FTP clients out there which can aid your cause.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.