Hi everyone,
I have done BIT, but in other words I completed it just to have degree not as a career. But now I am very much interested in it to take it as career. I have set a goal of 6 months to do best learning c++ and java bcoz these r my favourite subject. I just want to know, is there any good scope for c++ and java scope after 6 months or I am just wasting my time. Also pls guide me little step by step which I follow to get success in both subjects.
Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>I have set a goal of 6 months to do best learning c++ and java
So in 6 months you expect to learn both C++ and Java to the point where you could use them professionally? Answer me this: What experience with programming do you already have?

So in 6 months you expect to learn both C++ and Java to the point where you could use them professionally? Answer me this: What experience with programming do you already have?

Hi
First of all I want to thanx to u for replying. Talking about experience in terms of c++ my all basics are clear. You can say that if there are 3 categories- beginner, intermediate, expert. I put my self in intermediate. But if I talk about java I am in middle of beginner. Pls don’t think that I want to achieve every thing in 6 months. I know that these things get better and better by experience. But in 6 months I just want to stand in a queue for applying job in these fields.
Thanx.

Cover the bases for C++: Get "The C++ Programming Language" and go through it. If you're reasonably comfortable with most of what it covers, then you're okay. If you're lost for the better part of any chapter, you're probably not okay.

Do the same with Java. The language is very simple, so you can cover that quickly. The trick to programming efficiently with Java is knowing the "standard" library of classes. You can go to java.sun.com and look through their extensive documentation to deepen your understanding of the library.

Beyond that it's all practice. Read code, write code, and experiment as much as you can.

hi,
once again i want to thank u. i reading tutes from www.cplusplus.com and also from sun java. please tell if there are some good books which i can follow.
thanx

If you need basic tutorials you won't master both languages enough to be commercially viable in 6 months.

Narue mentioned the one C++ book you MUST read and understand.
I don't think there's a single similar book for Java, it would be too thick ;)
Simply put: there's no way to master Java in 6 months, as there is no way to master C+ in 6 months.

Get yourself Head First Java which will give you a good start but you can read a library full of books and still be a grasshopper.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.