my problem is that i have written an algorihtm to convert non deterministic finite automata to deterministic finite automata but i couldn't translate it to C program and this is the algorithm i have written
qx is a state in the NFA and q0 is its start state
QX is a state in the DFA and Q0 is its start state
The eqsilon-closure of a DFA state consists of all the states in the NFA that we can get to with epsilon moves from the states in the DFA state.
Q0 = { q0 }
// but there are some states we can reach from q0 at no cost
Q0 = epsilon-closure(Q0)
while there are states we haven't processed
pick one such state, Qn
for each symbol s
let tmp be a new, empty, set
for each q in Qn
add delta(q,s) to tmp
end for
tmp = epsilon-closure(tmp)
if tmp is not in the DFA then
let Qi be a new state
Qi = tmp
add Qi to the DFA
else
let Qi be the state equivalent to tmp
end if
add an edge from Qn to Qi in the automaton
end for
end while
for each Qi
if there is a q in Qi that is a final state then
Qi is a final state
end if
end for
i was wondering if you would mind helping me to translate it to a C program that convert NFA to DFA.

i'm looking forward to getting your answer

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

is that the psuedo code you want to translate? or is that VB, sorry some times I can't tell the diffrence becuase I'm not well educated about VB.

If its VB you can try posting it in the VB section as well, I bet alot of C programmers who also know VB stop by there.

dear sit/ madam,

i want all algoritham & flowchat of c programming

Google for "algorithms in C", for starters, and check out Wikipedia's algorithm's, as well (they have LOTS).

Flowcharts are harder to find, (just not that popular on the internet, I believe), but give all your search engines a shot with that subject matter, as well.

"All", you will never get, but you can get a lot! ;)

Welcome to the forum! If you have any other questions like this, be sure to ask them in a new thread, not somebody else's thread.

@Ayoub:

Hopefully smarter members will give you an answer, but the question is "how far did you get?", and "what has you stumped, now?".

Nice pseudo code, btw. Logic is very clear, I just don't know what the bleep you're referring to! Somehow, in my one semester of programming, this was glossed over! ;)

dear sir/madam
I want flowchart and algorithm related to weekly timetable of student

2 resurrections of a 7 year old thread with "give me the answer" posts show this this thread is a lazy-student magnet.

Closed

Google for "algorithms in C", for starters, and check out Wikipedia's algorithm's, as well (they have LOTS).

Flowcharts are harder to find, (just not that popular on the internet, I believe), but give all your search engines a shot with that subject matter, as well.

"All", you will never get, but you can get a lot! ;)

Welcome to the forum! If you have any other questions like this, be sure to ask them in a new thread, not somebody else's thread.

@Ayoub:

Hopefully smarter members will give you an answer, but the question is "how far did you get?", and "what has you stumped, now?".

Nice pseudo code, btw. Logic is very clear, I just don't know what the bleep you're referring to! Somehow, in my one semester of programming, this was glossed over! ;)

@Ayoub:

Hopefully, after 8 years he's a little farther on in the program...

Didn't any of the other posts clue you in?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.