I wish to use the round() function in the math class of the .net framework class library

[C++]

Math::Round(3.44, 1); //Returns 3.4.
Math::Round(3.45, 1); //Returns 3.4.
Math::Round(3.46, 1); //Returns 3.5.

Ive tried just using the above, but the namespace specifier isn't working. Do i need to inclue a header file. I have little experience in using the .NET framework library, your help will be much appreciatec

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Use

System::Math::Round(3.44, 1);

INTEL

be sure to use the header <math.h>

hope this helps. good luck!

Glued

>hope this helps.
It doesn't. First, <math.h> isn't a valid C++ header anymore. Second, the correct header, <cmath>, has nothing to do with the .NET framework.

>hope this helps.
It doesn't. First, <math.h> isn't a valid C++ header anymore. Second, the correct header, <cmath>, has nothing to do with the .NET framework.

ok so i am junior programmer in high school. missed the .NET part. shoot me!

>ok so i am junior programmer in high school.
I don't care. I know people in junior high who really know their stuff. How old you are makes no difference.

>missed the .NET part.
That I can understand, but it doesn't change my response.

>shoot me!
I did, and a better reaction would be to thank me for informing you of the mistake rather than getting defensive.

>ok so i am junior programmer in high school.
I don't care. I know people in junior high who really know their stuff. How old you are makes no difference.

>missed the .NET part.
That I can understand, but it doesn't change my response.

>shoot me!
I did, and a better reaction would be to thank me for informing you of the mistake rather than getting defensive.

good, maybe you can get one of those students and they can tutor me.
i'm sorry i was not getting on the defense. i made a mistake and and realized i did. i like to be humerous with some of my statements and ment no disrespect. i'm not much of an e-thug so i'm just gonna drop it. good luck to you in the future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.