Hello to all , i have my project ... but how can i make it executable and give it to other people so they can run it ? It has GUI as well .. not a simple dos prog

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

YOu can make an executable jar file (google it) that will run when people double-click it, provided they have the java runtime already installed on their machine. If you're using Eclipse or something similar it create it for you.

Hi , there is a jar file but when i double click it nothing happens .. ill search on google

An exceutable jar file is not the same as a simple jar file - it includes some extra info (most importantly, where to find the main(...) method to start executing). Without that extra info it won't run.

do it it netbeans...and build the whole project...den in project folder you will find a "dist" folder...inside dist you will find your jar file....which is your executable jar file...

I just created a new project , added GUI , 1 button , 1 label .. compiled it .. the jar file created .. but when i double click it it doesnt open .. please if possible explain to me

If you want help, you need to show us what you've done so far. What's in your manifest file? What's the exact command you used to build the jar?

using manifest file jar building is quite difficult....build the whole project in netbeans or other IDE....build the whole project...jar file will surely run..

using manifest file jar building is quite difficult....build the whole project in netbeans or other IDE....build the whole project...jar file will surely run..

Good advice - I use Eclipse and that handles all the manifest stuff for you as well.
(It's quite hard to know what advice to someone who doesn't tell you what toolset they're using.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.