I am trying to do a simple program, rather 3 simple programs that involve
class structures in Visual Studio C++ .net 2003. I can compile them by
themselves without errors. But when I F5 through them I get the
following errors:
'test-proj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\loki\My Documents\work\prog2\test-proj\Debug\test-proj.exe', Symbols loaded.
'test-proj.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'test-proj.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[1356] test-proj.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

See attached for code:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have a feeling you set up the project in VS to create a .dll. Make sure you have it set to create a 'console program'.

I have a feeling you set up the project in VS to create a .dll. Make sure you have it set to create a 'console program'.

I used the Win32console application. Is this incorrect or is there a setting
that I need to change. Sorry I am a noob at visual studio.

I am having the same problem also. I am a noob just trying to start, and im just trying to pring something on screen with a win32console and c++ souce file. I get teh same exact error message down to the character. ntdll.dll and kernel32.dll, no symbols loaded. Please if anyone knows anything?

I think i figured out the no symbols thing. I read somewhere that you go to microsoft.com and search for debug symbols and download that. Then you install it and they automatically go there, I did this and it now says symbols loaded for both of them. But the bottum still says -
-The program '[932] trst.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

I don't know what this means or why it wont run.

#include<iostream>
#include<iomanip>
using namespace std;

void main()
{
	cout<<"Hey:"<<endl;
}

<< moderator edit: added code tags: [code][/code] >>

this is my code, i just want to output something so i can start programming from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.