hi ......
im trying to create a simple c compiler.....
how to link the header files to c code?????
can the linking process can be done in assembly language...
or is there a linker for download....
please help....
thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

>how to link the header files to c code?????
I have a good news for you: no needs to link header files to c codes! The #include directive is replaced by the content of included file - that's all.
Yet another good news: no needs in full scale C compiler to enjoy (or to debug) with header files includes because all include operations are performed by C preprocessor (C compiler per se gets C sources after #include directives processing).

>can the linking process can be done in assembly language...
It depends on your choice: yes, you may substitute header files contents instead of #include directives in assembly language (if it's your compiler implementation language). Moreover, you can do that in any language with input file statements or file i/o libraries.
;)

The linker doesn't need to know a thing about headers, that's all taken care of long before it gets to that point. A linker should just take your freshly compiled objects and put them together, in the proper system file format.

i hve a compiled c program (errorless)
is thr a software which can convert c code to exe file.....
i dnt need a c editor.....
like codegenerator to convert c to exe...

If you can write C compiler (see OP) then you can write a simplest linker, of course. A linker is much more simpler than a compiler ;)
>is thr a software which can convert c code to exe file...
Of course, there are many C compiler+linker bundles (that's a software which can convert c code to exe file). Most of C compilers have command line versions with integrated and/or separate linkers...

The most interesting counter-question: can you explain what's your true problem? ;)

time is the problem....
can u name the seperate linkers......

the more i read this thread the less i understand it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.