Hi, so my problem is that when I write a program, and then try to debug it, there comes a error, on VC++ 6.0 there is "Cannot execute program" And in VC++ 2008 express edition it says, that there ain't the file I'm trying to debug. Here's the output;

1>------ Build started: Project: Harjoitus1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Embedding manifest...
1>.\Debug\Harjoitus1.exe.intermediate.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. Defined file cannot be found.(This part is edited to english. I'm from finland)
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Matias Moisio\Työpöytä\Projects\Harjoitus1\Harjoitus1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Harjoitus1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

That's the problem with all programs made myself. Other code Debugs succesfly.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you sure that you select correct project properties? Probably, you are trying to write Win32 console application as Win32 project (Windows GUI API based program)...

Are you sure that you select correct project properties? Probably, you are trying to write Win32 console application as Win32 project (Windows GUI API based program)...

Nah, it's a Win32 project.

i guess u are code into a project that u've already compile and use.try to open another project and compile.

i guess u are code into a project that u've already compile and use.try to open another project and compile.

That makes no sense at all -- and please type you instead of u; its only two more key strokes

you might try the suggestion in this thread

Move your files/projects from //c:\Documents and Settings\Matias Moisio\Työpöytä\Projects\ to a much shorter path. I like to put all projects in c:\dvlp because that's a lot easier to type!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.