This is my first post. I am trying to use Visual Studio 2003 which is what is available at work. I am having to problems: first I don't seem to be able to set a watch on a variable, the contex menues are grayed out. The second is I am trying to load a .CSV file into a data set without any luck. Most examples are in VB or C# and I must be doing something wrong in the conversion. Below is the code I am using, any help you can provide would be appreciated.

String* strFileName = "c:\\TestCSV\\HandoffNYC.csv";
String* strConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4;Data Source=c:\\TestCSV; Extended Properties='Text;HDR=YES;FMT=Delimited'";

System::Data::OleDb::OleDbConnection* conText = new System::Data::OleDb::OleDbConnection(strConnectionString);

conText->Open();

System::Data::OleDb::OleDbDataAdapter* adap = new System::Data::OleDb::OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM __Box(fileName)", conText);

adap->Fill(atcf);

Note: atcf is a dataset created in the form design view.
I also don't know why every place there is a colon and capital D I am getting an emoticon.

>>I also don't know why every place there is a colon and capital D I am getting an emoticon.
Yea -- click the Advanced button, scroll down to the checkbox Disable Smilies In Text. I fixed it for you.

I think there were lots of changes between 2003 and 2005/8. Never used 2003 so I can't help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.