I am working on an application in Visual C++. I needed to generate a message box so I went to the help files and found the C++ example to do this task. I copied and pasted it into my code. When I built the application this code from the help file generated 11 error messages. If I can't get the help examples to compile, I don't know what to do. Is there some magic to using help that I am not aware of?? I have got to say this .NET stuff is very frustrating.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

>I have got to say this .NET stuff is very frustrating.
.NET is very simple compared to the amount of work needed to accomplish the same task in MFC or plain Win32 API.

Post some code and the errors you are getting.

I have got to say this .NET stuff is very frustrating.

This frustrating .NET stuff is actually much easier to design a program's GUI in :) ...

Please tell me you are not trying to do .NET in visual studio 6 or something....

Please tell me you are not trying to do .NET in visual studio 6 or something....

I hope he isn't :P

win32 api function is very simple -- just a one-liner MessageBox(NULL, "Testing", "Title Here", MB_OK); MFC is even a little easier. I think the .NET version is just as easy System.MessageBox(<blabla>); or something like that.

I am doing my .NET in Visual Studio .net 2003. Thanks for replying.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.