sir i am developing application in windows so i want that when i serach data that data then that data is dislpayed indatagridview when i am doing that thecvdata is displayed but there is one blank row created in gridview below that row:means that suppose in first row of gridview tge serach data is there and below that an emnpty row is created .so how i block to create an empty row
i do search in keydown event

If you don't want the blank row to be shown you have to set the 'enable adding' property in the designtime to be false.

At which point it generates that error? If the index is out of range you're trying to get a non existing row in the collection of rows......

Could you show some code?

Regards

con = New OleDbConnection(constr) adpt = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from drs_entry_list where drsno='" + DrsnoToolStripTextBox.Text + "' order by srno", con)
ds = New DataSet
adpt.Fill(ds)
If ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 Then
For j As Integer = 0 To ds.Table0).Rows.Count - 1
Dim org As String = ds.Tables(0).Rows(j).Item(4) DataGridView1.Rows(DataGridView1.Rows(j).Cells(0).rowindex).Cells(5).Value = org.ToString
Dim AWBNO As Integer = ds.Tables(0).Rows(j).Item(1)
DataGridView1.Rows(DataGridView1.Rows(j).Cells(1).RowIndex).Cells(1).Value = AWBNO.ToString

Next
End If
End If

in this when i search through drsno the in datagridview it gives error :Index was out of range : i need that row is fetched and below it no empty row is created and when i press enter in any cell of datagridview a bove row ios copied as second row in datagridview

First, it's better to organize your code and make it readable :)

con = New OleDbConnection(constr) 
adpt = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from drs_entry_list where drsno='" + DrsnoToolStripTextBox.Text + "' order by srno", con)
ds = New DataSet
adpt.Fill(ds)

[b]Dim MyTable as DataTable = ds.Tables(0)[/b]

If MyTable.Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 Then

etc etc etc.

Second, if no records has been found, the code If MyTable .Rows.Count - 1 >= 0 will raise an error because "Rows.Count = 0" and it cannot be decreased -1

Check if Rows.Count > 0

thanku for thias it is working , next i want to set focus from one cell to another of datagridview on pressing enter in datagridview cell

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.