Hi,

I don't want anyone to do my assignment for me, I just want some help.

I'm a student in Suriname, formerly Dutch-Guiana. My teacher decided that we should learn how to write basic programs in Turbo Pascal to improve our "problemsolving skills" and for so far things have gone swimmingly. today i received an assignment:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/surgirl/Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg[/IMG]

I can do the first part (having the program read in all the info), I just don't know how to create a table (figure 1 and 2) or the "certificate". I've never seen that before. I've tried to look it up in some books in our library, but I've found nothing because I have no idea what I'm looking for. so can anyone just give me a word that I can look up, i don't want you to write my program, I just want a word (I'm that desperate for help :o ).
Thank you for reading this!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Jackrabbit

How you print the table depends on how you set up your table of records. If it's actually an array of records then you're looking at a loop like this:

writeln('Summary of Student Course Scores:')
writeln('ID  NAME  CLASSICAL  REGGAE  ROCK  TOTAL  AVERAGE');
for i := 1 to N do
  writeln(s[i].id, s[i].name, s[i].classical, s[i].rock, s[i].total, s[i].average);

I'll let you work out the formatting issues as that tends to be more trial and error than anything.

I would imagine that the certificate itself is something simple along these lines:

writeln('*GOLD*\nCERTIFICATE OF OUTSTANDING\nACHIEVEMENT');
writeln('\n\n', highest.name, '\n\nIn Music Studies\n');

Once again, the formatting itself so that everything is centered I will leave to you.

Thanks, your advice was really helpfull. I have on last question, if you don't mind.

Here's the last part of my program:

highestavegrade := avegradestudent[1];
FOR i:=2 TO 10 DO
BEGIN
IF avegradestudent >= highestavegrade
THEN highestavegrade := avegradestudent;
END;
FOR i:=1 TO 10 DO
BEGIN
IF avegradestudent >= highestavegrade
THEN writeln (*GOLD*, etc, etc

When I run the program all the names of the students appear, instead of the one with the highest average (Jack Bean). What am I doing wrong?

highestavegrade := 0;

for i:=1 to 10 do
begin
   if avegradestudent[i] > highestavegrade then
   begin
      highestavegrade := avegradestudent[i];
   end;
end;

for i:=1 to 10 do
begin
   if avegradestudent[i] = highestavegrade then
   begin
 { writeln (*GOLD*, etc, etc }
   end;
end;
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.