im still struggling to print an invoice that i have made in pascal to a usb port printer. any help please. i have tried using various inbuilt function but have had no luck probably because im coding it wrong. thanks in advance

im still struggling to print an invoice that i have made in pascal to a usb port printer. any help please. i have tried using various inbuilt function but have had no luck probably because im coding it wrong. thanks in advance

This works in Delphi 7 / WinXP:

program ptest;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

uses
  SysUtils,
  Printers;

begin
  Printer.BeginDoc;
  Printer.Canvas.TextOut(200,200,'Hello, world!');
  printer.EndDoc;
end.

I don't have/use Turbo Pascal so can't say if it works there as well...

tried it in turbo pascal but it doesnt work its says cannot find file 'sysutils.tpu' thanks for your help though!! any other ideas please.

About the only thing I could suggest would be to write the information to a file the use the Exec function (in DOS unit -- at least it is in Free Pascal) to launch NotePad or WordPad and print from there.

If you're running Windows, you could also move up to Delphi. I've also had pretty good luck with Lazarus (although I haven't used it much). It's an open source IDE for Free Pascal similar to Delphi.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.