Hi,
I open notepads and other applications using shell during runtime. But now I want to check out whether these applications are open or not. How am I supposed to do that?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for flockit

Hi,
I open notepads and other applications using shell during runtime. But now I want to check out whether these applications are open or not. How am I supposed to do that?

I don't think so it is possible to do it in VB6 but it can be done in VB.NET!

I can send you the code if wanted!

Regards

Oh how contraire akshits...

See...

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1095460

Good Luck

I was wondering if there is some other way, like by checking the Title of the forms open or something.
Pls tell me if im wrong.
Thank you.

Well yes, you can use FindWindow or EnumWindows but the code by Hypetia is what you were looking for and is quite easier than the other solutions I just mentioned. Plus the modifications to your code would be minimal. All you would need to add is a public variable element array of doubles to keep track of the task id's and then when you want to check to see if any of the spawned programs still exist, you would call the solution in a for loop.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.