Hi,

I am trying to insert into Access Database using following code

OleDbConnection empConnection = connection;

string insertStatement = "INSERT INTO d "
                + "([Employee],[Deduction Type],[Number of Hours],[value],[Month],[Year],[Comment]) "
                + "VALUES (@Employee,@DeductionType,@NumberofHours,@value,@Month,@Year,@Comment)";

command = new OleDbCommand(insertStatement, empConnection);

command.Parameters.Add("Employee", OleDbType.Numeric).Value = Convert.ToInt16(txtID.Text);
                command.Parameters.Add("DeductionType", OleDbType.Numeric).Value = Convert.ToInt16(cmbDedNum.Text);
                if (txtNoOfHours.Text == string.Empty) { txtNoOfHours.Text = "1"; }
                command.Parameters.Add("NumberofHours", OleDbType.Numeric).Value = Convert.ToInt16(txtNoOfHours.Text);
                if (txtValue.Text == string.Empty) { txtValue.Text = "0"; }
                command.Parameters.Add("value", OleDbType.Numeric).Value = Convert.ToInt16(txtValue.Text);
                if (cmbMonth.Text == string.Empty) { cmbMonth.Text = ""; }
                command.Parameters.Add("Month", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = cmbMonth.Text;
                if (cmbYear.Text == string.Empty) { cmbYear.Text = ""; }
                command.Parameters.Add("Year", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = cmbYear.Text;
                if (txtComments.Text == string.Empty) { txtComments.Text = ""; }
                command.Parameters.Add("Comment", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = txtComments.Text;

if (cmbYear.Text == string.Empty || cmbMonth.Text == string.Empty || txtComments.Text == string.Empty)
                    {
                    MessageBox.Show("Complete Year/Month/Comments Fields");
                    return;
                    }

empConnection.Open();

try
                    {
                    int count = command.ExecuteNonQuery();

all the columns get inserted apart from employee and employee in access db is numeric and optional. can someone help please.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Dear,

Please check the value of txtID.Text before executing command.

Dear,

Please check the value of txtID.Text before executing command.

thanks for ur reply. i have checked all they seem to have value strange thing is in access nothing gets written

adatapost>Strange!!!

Are you sure that a txtID name is given to that control. May be mistakenly ..

ah it is fixed now. i didnt create the tables in access and seems there was a select statement for it and i removed it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.