Hi!
I want to write code for searching files on local hard disk using index searching technique.I looked for it on internet, someone suggested that I should use B+ index searching technique.But I don't know how it can be implemented using B+ index searching technique.Can anybody tell me how it can be done? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have an open source desktop search. Instead of indexed search. It does an append operation putting all the cls frm txt htm and other text format data into 1 huge file. Then search that file without any directory overhead. The file names seperates the data in the big file. That name is displayed in the form header. It's plenty fast. Searching at 20,000,000 cps and beyond. A key text search function is marching lines only versus context results. All matches hi-lited. Data extracts and more. Much more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.