I am searching for a book(s) which explains things like the following -
1. Difference between memory allocation of local and global (or other static variables)....? (or why i cant initialize a global variable more than once outside main and all other functions)
2. Holes in structures, and structures and pointers.
3. Deep concepts in pointers, objects, classes.....i mean relation between pointers and OOP.
4. near, far, Huge pointers.
5. Some insight into how the compiler does something....I dont want to know the exact details of compiler working, but there are some concepts I feel can be better understood if i know how compiler does it.
I have already tried Pointers In C by Yashwant Kanetkar and didnt find it very useful.
I am finding that the C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroussoup answers some of these questions, but i want a bit more detail, and a dedicated book for this.
I found that a book named "C++ Pointers and Dynamic memory management by Michael C. Daconta " holds these answers, but i cant find the book anywhere in my city to get it and see if its really worth it. So please tell me if its a good book for this purpose, so i can order it online.