Hello my name is intekhab khab persuing BCA final
i have some problem in Visual basic coding as i dont know any thing about Visual basic i know c/c++ php Ajax but i dont familiar with visual basic 6.0.Sir gave me assignment and two days of only please help me ,the question of assignment are

01)Program which takes 10 records from the user, there are two buttons on the form. Display, Modify. On clicking the button display information about the requested record, on clicking modify, information of particular student should be changed.
02)Take Two LISTBOXS. First List box has 10 elements. There are three buttons.
i. >
ii. >>
iii. remove

on clicking first button selected item from first list box should be inserted into second one. If second button is clicked than all items of first should be inserted into second one (no duplicate element in second list box). On clicking third button selected element from the second list box should be deleted.
03) Create a menu
Color Font Case
Red Bold Lower
Green Italic Upper
Blue Bold And Italic
Font Name
Form has one Textbox, on clicking any option properties of textbox should change accordingly.

I know this programmes are too simple i alone do this but i have not familiar with this languages
Thank you

Pixelerator http://intekhab.co.cc

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

To add items to a list box you use the additem method...

List1.AddItem "MyString"

To make your list box allow multiple selections set its multiselect property to true on/in the property box.

To run through the list to test which one(s) have been selected. Use a for loop...

Dim ForLoopCounter As Integer
For ForLoopCounter = 0 To List1.ListCount - 1
  If List1.Selected(ForLoopCounter) = True Then
    'do something
  End If
Next ForLoopCounter

To remove an item or items from a list box. Once again use a for loop but this time do it backwards...

Dim ForLoopCounter As Integer
For ForLoopCounter = List1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
  If List1.Selected(ForLoopCounter) = True Then
    List1.RemoveItem ForLoopCounter
  End If
Next ForLoopCounter

use the menu editor to create your menu items and if you don't know how to use it, there are several tutorials out there, just search the web.

Now to enumerate through all the fonts on the system, use a for next loop...

For ForLoopCounter = 0 To Printer.FontCount - 1
  List2.AddItem Printer.Fonts(ForLoopCounter)
Next ForLoopCounter

That should be enough to get you started. If you have any more questions google and yahoo are your friends as is this forum.

Good Luck

Thank you very musch now i am starting the coding :)

I succesfully created all the programmes but only in one programmes
i dont get how to change text of textbox on click event of menu item
upper
lower :)
Thanks for help

if you are talking UPPER CASE and lower case the look at UCASE and LCASE

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.