Hey y'all. I've just started studying C# over a month ago and I was looking for a bunch of exercises that I could use for practice. See, I bought the book "Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform" and like most comprehensive books, it didn't have any. Can anyone direct me to a site, or suggest any exercises or programs where I can test my newfound knowledge?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think I know what you mean, but give yourself some simple goals, like: print out the numbers 1 to 10 and their squares. Or: draw a blue rectangle on a yellow background. You can only train yourself in programming, by programming for yourself, no matter what the exercise is.

I've actually done a bit of that. I'm just looking for exercises for some of the more advanced features (For the past year I've been so accustomed to C++ that my brain's having a hard time adapting to a new language.). To tell the truth, this is the first time I've self-studied a language outside of a classroom and I got so used to starting off with teachers giving me the exercises I use to practice. Hehe... Thanks for the tip. ^_^

If you still have the exercises of your teacher in C++, why not translate them to C#! THAT is an exercise on it's own, believe me!

Will do!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.