Hi guys,

I have the same post in the java category. I tried using C# in coding this project on how can a user log-in his online accounts using a windows application created in C#.

The windows application can store his username, passwords and the corresponding URLs, and all i can do is to direct the user in the log-in page of his selected account (e.g. Yahoo!, facebook, etc.) and that's that... i'm stock in the log-in page haha :P

I need some help on how to use the username and password of the user to continue to log-in inside his account. Any possible codes would do as long as i can log that user in his selected homepage or email (even email alone).

I really need the codes on how to do it, cause all i can do is to use the System.Diagnostic.Process.Start("iexplore.exe", URL).

thanks in advance for those who can help me out in this problem. Godbless :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I believe you cannot do such a thing from any desktop application. As different websites use different methods like postback or ajax to transfer data to the server. The best you can do is call the login page which i believe you already are doing.

I believe you cannot do such a thing from any desktop application. As different websites use different methods like postback or ajax to transfer data to the server. The best you can do is call the login page which i believe you already are doing.

so its impossible to do such a thing? even for a certain website only? for example, this application will logs the user in his yahoo mail account only.

So i have to think of another way like using the virtual key board in windows hahaha,, as long as the user does not type anything :icon_cheesygrin:

thanks for the reply sir :icon_wink:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.