Hi,
I need to try AJAX in my future Applications. Can anyone here help me with use of ajax, advantages, need of ajax. and it would be very appreciable if anyone can help with simple example of ajax using asp.net 2.0 (vb) and sql server 2k.

thanks,
Nitsy...

Hi,
I need to try AJAX in my future Applications. Can anyone here help me with use of ajax, advantages, need of ajax. and it would be very appreciable if anyone can help with simple example of ajax using asp.net 2.0 (vb) and sql server 2k.

thanks,
Nitsy...

Hi Nitsy

If you want to use Ajax with asp.net 2.0 then first of all you need to install AjaxToolKit which is available free you can download it and install in your PC then Ajax controls get added to your toolbox.

you need to add ScriptManager from tool box than can add updatepannel In which you can add the controls for which you want to use Ajax.

Needs to add your site as a ajax anable web site or need to add the reference of all neccessary dlls in web.config file.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Hi Nitsy

If you want to use Ajax with asp.net 2.0 then first of all you need to install AjaxToolKit which is available free you can download it and install in your PC then Ajax controls get added to your toolbox.

you need to add ScriptManager from tool box than can add updatepannel In which you can add the controls for which you want to use Ajax.

Needs to add your site as a ajax anable web site or need to add the reference of all neccessary dlls in web.config file.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Thanks for replying Rajesh,

Ok, Ill surely do that. But is there any code or something. Actually I dont want just to impliment AJAX but what I want realy is to learn AJAX. What I got is that Ajax toolkit will provide me basic platform to use AJAX machanism. what i need is to develop all of it with my own..

Thanks Again for your valuable time
Nitsy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.