Hello guys,

Is it possible to build an application for authenitcating on a domain, without actually providing the password? For example gesture recognition. I have read on msdn and they were talking about building a "custom authentification package" but this package calls MSV1_0 package afterwards. I am interested in a solution where you don-t have to store the password. Do you have any idea of how to do this ?

Any answer will be highly appreciated!
Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>I am interested in a solution where you don-t have to store the password.
Or you use an empty password, or you let the user remember the password.
The only thing I would not get is why the h*ll would you want to give guests access to your domain?

>I am interested in a solution where you don-t have to store the password.
Or you use an empty password, or you let the user remember the password.
The only thing I would not get is why the h*ll would you want to give guests access to your domain?

Hello,

I think I made myself missunderstood. My application should log in into a domain, without a password, but instead with biometrical data (iris scanning, fingerprint reader, voice recognicion, etc...).

I am seeking a solution where you should tell the domain controller to give you acces, based only on biometrical data collected at log-in.

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.