Has anyone ever seen a date time stamp or code like this?

7CDE8F64DB88782E4EEEBF5DF6B84F034FEEBD54EBB1551E44F3BF5088C93E6B
Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sknake

That is a base64 encoded string. Decode it and you get a 48byte array:

Convert.FromBase64String("7CDE8F64DB88782E4EEEBF5DF6B84F034FEEBD54EBB1551E44F3BF5088C93E6B")

That is a base64 encoded string. Decode it and you get a 48byte array:

Convert.FromBase64String("7CDE8F64DB88782E4EEEBF5DF6B84F034FEEBD54EBB1551E44F3BF5088C93E6B")

Thanks that helped get me started now I just have to figure out how they managed to get those 48byte array out of a date string "August 4, 2009". But at least now I'm on the right track and making progress.

Dates are stored in binary as a long which is 64 bytes so i'm guessing either it isn't a BASE64 string OR they're doing something tricky here. Is this a .NET application generating this hash/crypto string? If not then what language is it in?

Dates are stored in binary as a long which is 64 bytes so i'm guessing either it isn't a BASE64 string OR they're doing something tricky here. Is this a .NET application generating this hash/crypto string? If not then what language is it in?

It's a vb.NET app that a friend threw at me to take a look at. But I've been having problems making heads or tails of it. Pretty much it has a .exe and .ini the .ini has just two lines in it basically a [VarHead] and then the KEY="..." (what I posted earlier). It is possible that it's being hashed, I tried to pull the data binary but it kept throwing errors like crazy.

.ini has just two lines in it basically a [VarHead] and then the KEY="..." (what I posted earlier). It is possible that it's being hashed, I tried to pull the data binary but it kept throwing errors like crazy.

Just my guess. It's 256 bit AES key. They would be 64 hex characters (like you posted).

You seriously MIME encoded a ZIP file and posted the contents in to the message body?

Please upload the file to this thread, or, if you are still concerned with security I will PM you an email address. Please keep all discussion on the thread.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.