Hi
I'm novice in ubuntu , i'm using NetBeans IDE for j2me programming but i have a praoblem : emulator do not work !!! when i'll run program dose not work and this message is displayed :

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/mahdi/netbeans-6.7/mobility8/WTK2.5.2/bin/sublime.so: /home/mahdi/netbeans-6.7/mobility8/WTK2.5.2/bin/sublime.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1778)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1674)
        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
        at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
        at com.sun.kvem.Sublime.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
        at com.sun.kvem.Lime.createLime(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.kvem.KVMBridge.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.kvem.KVMBridge.getBridge(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.main(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.sun.kvem.environment.JVM.main(Unknown Source)
ricoh-run:
semc-icon-assembly:
semc-ppro-emulator:
semc-do-run:
semc-run:
savaje-run:
sjmc-run:
nokiaS80-run:
nsicom-run:
cdc-hi-run:
profiler.check:
open-profiler:
run:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 2 seconds)

I download NetBeans 6.7
jdk6u14-linux-i586.bin
jre6u14-linux-x64.bin
openJDK
but it not work !!! please help me ,What should I do ???

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi
i can install Netbeans and jdk but i cant run java me programs !!!

I'm sorry I do not have access to Ubuntu, have look on this article if you can pick some tips. If it doesn't work out try to download one of custom SDKs like Nokia, SonyEricsson or traditional Sun SDK that comes with own installers and just add them to NetBeans (this is Windows tutorial how to add JDK/SDK to NetBeans, but principle is same)

Hi
I do not know if it is only the Ubuntu distro that are new to you or if it is Unix/Linux distros in common that are new to you. But I assume the latter and thats why I take it so basic. So please do not get offended if you are a real Unix-nerd =)

First of all, are you sure that your Java installations and paths work properly?
Run following command from your terminal
java -version
You should have:
java version 1.6.0

If this is not the case, follow the instructions on this site:
http://www.javadesign.info/SystemsHardware/OS/Ubuntu/install-java-on-ubuntu

Try to create a simple HelloWorld class in Emacs (you should find it somewhere in your applications).

When you save your Java class ( save it as HelloWorld.java) save it inside your home folder not directly on the desktop.

Be sure to open your terminal inside exactly that folder where you have saved your java file.

To compile run following command:
javac HelloWorld.java

This should make a .class file for you in the same folder as your .java file.

To execute your java file after compiling it run following command:
java HelloWorld

if this does not work then I would try to reinstall java whit apt-get.
(if you are not used to apt-get se the link above.)

If all this works then you know for sure that there is nothing wrong whit your java installation or java-paths.

Then it has to be something related to your netbean installation.
If that is the case I would try to reinstall netbeans.

Did you install your netbean whit apt-get? If not then this site have some instructions of how to do that:
http://www.javadesign.info/SystemsHardware/OS/Ubuntu/install-netbeans-on-ubuntu

Hope something of this will help you.

Good luck =)

@sneaker this all is nice, but you provided general advice on Java SE and question was for Java ME where you need WTK or so called mobile SDK

@sneaker this all is nice, but you provided general advice on Java SE and question was for Java ME where you need WTK or so called mobile SDK

Shiit!!! :icon_redface:

Thanks Peter :icon_biggrin:
I will read posts more carefully in the future.

Really sorry mahdi68 that I gave you such stupid advise because I have been (obvious) half blind reading your post. I can read ME clearly now. :icon_rolleyes:
I have never installed that in a Unix environment so I have no experience to share whit you..

I can`t run with eclipse too !!!

I can`t run with eclipse too !!!

That is hell of the description too!

What about telling us what you actually doing as what you have installed and if basic things work...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.