Hi,

I wrote a program which runs a .bat file using os.system like: 'os.system(pathToBatFile)' and everything was good. Then I decided to turn my program into a service as opposed to being run with the command prompt showing. When my program became a service, I noticed that the os.system command to run my .bat file was no longer working. By 'not working' I mean no exception is thrown, but it was as if the line with os.system(pathToBatFile) did not exist. I was wondering why this is and if there is a way to fix this or what an alternative to using os.system to run my .bat file was?

LW . . . Lawrence

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by LW00

Is your pathToBatFile an absolute or relative path?

absolute. if it was relative, i would have gotten some kind of exception probably.

Hi,

I tried getting the return code and it turned out to be a 1. Which indicates 'not good'. So I had the service interact with the desktop so I could see the command prompt that was coming back. After some maneuvering, I found out that my access was denied. I was trying to copy a file from a remote computer to the current one. So I went to services and the 'Log On' tab and set myself to log on as the Administrator. The os.system command worked fine after that. Thanks jlm699 for your help.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.