hi to all genius,
i am making invoice form in vb6, i have to make grid like view so that user can add item details in row just by clicking on it and new Grid is open to select record from it. hope u r understanding..
example:
this is the table in invoice form with these fields
item name: item description: unit price: amount:
Row1
----------------------------------------------------------------
Row2
(should i use table or grid here?)

now when i click on Row 1 a seprate form should be open to select record from grid. this is not the problem for me(seprate form) the problem is above table....should i use grid???? but if i use grid it shows the records present in it...i want empty grid so that user can add record from it...and the drop it
please see the image file if you dont understand what i want to explain.

Hi,
You need to add the item details from the user. Then do one thing, (i.e) instead of displaying another grid better create a small form using controls containing details as you required. When user pressed Ok button then the details should be added to the existing one. This way could be easy to do and more user friendly.

Try it and let me know the status of it. If you need any help you can ask me.

Have a Great Day,
Shailaja:)

hi to all genius,
i am making invoice form in vb6, i have to make grid like view so that user can add item details in row just by clicking on it and new Grid is open to select record from it. hope u r understanding..
example:
this is the table in invoice form with these fields
item name: item description: unit price: amount:
Row1
Row2
(should i use table or grid here?)

now when i click on Row 1 a seprate form should be open to select record from grid. this is not the problem for me(seprate form) the problem is above table....should i use grid???? but if i use grid it shows the records present in it...i want empty grid so that user can add record from it...and the drop it
please see the image file if you dont understand what i want to explain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.