While printing a barcode vertical line in the Barcode are not straight,they are little zigzag....Can anyone tell me the solution?

Thanks and Regards
Dilake

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you sure it's not skew in your printer as the print head tracks left/right?

Create some known test images using say mspaint to check.

Say something like this.

If these come out fine, or other printing applications come out fine, then you may have a software problem.

If something simple like an image is broken, then you've got a hardware problem.

Check if your printer has a setup/calibration option (try right-click on it's status icon in the systray ).

commented: nice barcode +7

First i used BarcodeLib.dll in this am not getting proper barcode.(here i used code 128)...Later i tried in different dll (idautomation.linearbarcode.dll) in this am getting barcode but its using code39.But i want in code128...

And what does that have to do with the original question?

You said it was coming out "zigzag", not that it was completely the wrong type of barcode.

Am sorry if i am not clear.. i will put my question this way:

Presently i have two barcode dll viz.
1. idautomation.linearbarcode.dll
2. BarcodeLib.dll

In idautomation.linearbarcode.dll i do not have "zigzag" problem but does not support Code128.
BarcodeLib.dll has Code128 but has "zigzag" problem

Hope am clear and awaiting your reply....

Is it this one?
http://www.barcodelib.com/net_barcode/main.html

Have you asked them about it, via their support channels?

Also,
http://demo.barcodelib.com/LinearWebStreamDemo.aspx
I notice from the demo that you can specify a rotation.

In the API, is the rotation an enumeration (set of discrete values), or a continuous number (0 to 360 degrees). If it's the latter, and you're even a little bit off, then yes, you're going to get jaggies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.