Ok so basically I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for me. Basically I want to do a project in java because i havnt done one for ages. Im fluent in java so that means i can do relatively complicated things. Id prefer for some software ideas rather then games.

Many thanks,
jakx12

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

If you just want something to practice then just go to a college's website, find the level course that matches your skill level, and do a random project on there. We aren't here to give project ideas.

I know, but i was looking for something like you just said. Like i didnt think of that because im english, but thats a good idea, ill do it now. Thanks.

cool thanks, i might see if i can make an os though.

If you have a couple of years of free time, go with the OS. Otherwise, I'd find a smaller project personally.

I do have a couple of years! Obviously id make it with someone else. But what i want to know is that is there already a kernel written and boot-loaders etc. Because if there is then it wont be to hard. Like basically is there an open source os where i can mess with the code and custom it etc.

ok. Thanks anyway

You can develop an RPG game, like Runescape or Warcraft, i'm going to try your project!

I'm working on a webchat application myself, kinda like mIRC.

I was curious at one point to make a downloader application which can stop/resume/show stats/etc and watch the clipboard for relevant extensions.

How about a browser?

An IDE?

your own personal command line app with built in tools.

an ftp client.

lots of things :)

I was going to do that actually, but i like the idea of an os better :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.