Hi all,

I'm trying to mimic an html form that calls a script on the web. When I put the form together on a page, it works, and I was wondering if there was a way I could "scrape" this post request and see what I'm missing when I try to do it with Python?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi all,

I'm trying to mimic an html form that calls a script on the web. When I put the form together on a page, it works, and I was wondering if there was a way I could "scrape" this post request and see what I'm missing when I try to do it with Python?

If you've got Firefox you can load up Firebug and take a look at the POST contents under the Net panel. This is also a nice way to see what Headers are sent to authenticate with websites, which you can then spoof with your Python code.

Yea, I'm trying to figure out the Net Panel. Firebug seems pretty powerful.

I did get this working though. Turned out to be an issue about using 'www' or not using 'www.' Durrrr....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.