Ana D. 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hi,

For the page I'm developing I need a DropDownList with CheckBoxes on it, so that the users can choose more than one option without having to use the Ctrl key (and it's more intuitive). Because my options are being retrieved from the Database, the list of option can be really big, so using a CheckBoxList would use a lot of space.
Please, can anyone help me with this? I'm almost desperate! I have been search for a couples day, but having problems in everything I tried.
What I'm trying to do now is override the DropDownList control (as suggested in this forum: http://www.dotnet247.com/247referenc...42/211693.aspx), but I'm havng problems right in the frist line:

Public Class CheckBoxDropDownList : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl, INamingContainer

System is highlighted and asking me for a declaration ("Declaration expected"). What is wrong then? I created this class in the folder App_Code. Is it correct? Please, I need some help with this.

I'm using ASP.NET 3.5, Visual Studio 2008 and VB.NET. And the DropDownList is inside a GridView.

Thanks in advance,

Ana