Hi guys I'm creating an installer for a program and one of it's perquisites is the .NET framework well when i try to install the software on Windows XP it downloads the framework but what i want to do is install it from the installer

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Right click on the setup project and choose prerequisities from the opening window. If you want to install the .net framework from within your setup project, select download prerequisities from the same location as my application. By default, the setup will try to download the .net framework from the internet if it is not already installed in the computer. Don't forget to rebuild the setup project after choosing this option.

hi.
during the creation of the setup file, there is one folder named Application folder, in that right click and add the dotnet framework file into that,
during the installation the setup wil first install dotnet framework and then ur application.
the job is done.

You will want to follow serkan's advice and make the user download the .NET framework and not include it with your installer. When you get the .NET framework from a Windows Update it will download only the files you need. If you want a standalone installer it has to include every file for every language/locale setting and other un-needed items because it is not aware of the target installation configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.