hi..
I got an error said that ""Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

Currently i follow the book of beginning Asp.net in c# E-commerce .NET 2.0
and i using visual studio 2005 with SqlExpress 2005

Can anyone help me..

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try the following Steps :

Go to the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

Select the Machine.config and then find the tag <DbProviderFactories> under <system.data>.Then next step is to hide all the provider entries which has either Version=3.5.0.0 or Version=9.0.242.0.

<DbProviderFactories>

<add name="Odbc Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.Odbc" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for Odbc" type="System.Data.Odbc.OdbcFactory, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

<add name="OleDb Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.OleDb" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for OleDb" type="System.Data.OleDb.OleDbFactory, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

<add name="OracleClient Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.OracleClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for Oracle" type="System.Data.OracleClient.OracleClientFactory, System.Data.OracleClient, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

<add name="SqlClient Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlClient" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer" type="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientFactory, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

</DbProviderFactories>

when i run my registration form i have this
Error : "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
please help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.