Hi,
well, this 1 is driving me crazy, my recent project in which i need to show a display unit in my windows form.
Am not getting how exactly i can put this forward, but, let me try..

i need make a seperate panel, n in that i shud draw 4 quadrants, and 3 circles in that, from the mid point the first circle shud be 36mm, the second 72 mm, n the third 108 mm.
how do i do it in .net, this can be done using VC++, but i want it in dotnet, windows forms...

is there any1 who can help me out in this... ?
plzzzzzzzz

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

If you did it in VC++ it must not be that hard to translate it to C# and then show us some code where you have problems with.

i havent done it, my lead says its possible in vc++, he is asking me if i can do it here in dotnet,
i just want the it from the tool box.
just the front end design..

i havent done it, my lead says its possible in vc++, he is asking me if i can do it here in dotnet,
i just want the it from the tool box.
just the front end design..

Ask your lead whether there is a resource library/module containing quad-panels and other shapes in which he/she would extract these controls from. To just say something is possible is very vague because anything is possible, but I doubt they expect you to write these controls from scratch--or at least they shouldn't without good cause.

Smells like teen spirit and a homework assignment.:'(
You should read the rules here.
Would be glad to give you some code, but if I did that, this is what might happen :
Dani and the moderators would trash me in their deepest dugeons with a fire spitting Ancient Dragon keeping watch!
So why not show us some code of what you got so far?
BTW VC++ is also dotnet related.

Ask your lead whether there is a resource library/module containing quad-panels and other shapes in which he/she would extract these controls from. To just say something is possible is very vague because anything is possible, but I doubt they expect you to write these controls from scratch--or at least they shouldn't without good cause.

Or, are you just being asked to create a box with four divisions and some circles of particular sizes and center positions drawn in them?

Why not draw a picture in photoshop or MSPaint on what you want and use the transparency key to cut off edges etc.

Once you're done the picture right click properties in design mode on your form and set the background image as the one you created and voila! You're done.

ya, double d is almost right, i have the snapshot of how it should luk,
actually after drawing that, there is 1 more panel in which there are symbols, and using the cursor i need to drag and drop those symbols in to this picture and also, click on that symbol and click on that picture, i need the symbol to be displayed over there...
so, this is how it should work..

if i can draw that using a paint or something, wil i be able to use this drag n drop option on that pic..?

or is it possible to create a custom tool thru which i can draw this, may be can i call the ms paint and then do it directly on the form...

Use the Paint event of the Form.
It gives you a Graphics object, in which you can draw what you want.

hi,
i shall use that paint even form today,
but is there any other solution any 1 can give..?

read about Graphics object, there are more keywords I can think of: DrawLine
AddEllipse
Find details in MSDN or google for it
-Padte S

search for drawing in C# using GDI+ The idea is usually just to create a custom user control, what has a user paint property set to true. override its paint event then using the graphics object supplied by the event to draw what you need. just simple circles and such you can use the drawing methods of the graphics object. But if the pattern you are trying to draw is more complicated. then you will need to create graphics paths.

Its all pretty simple. This will get you started in a jiffy

http://www.devsource.com/c/a/Languages/Getting-Started-with-GDI-in-C-Applications/

:)..
thanks a lot, i ll try that out now...
well get back to u if thers any problem..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.