Please can any one help me in my investigation
I am developing an application whose purpose is to change the proxy settings for all applications requir WAN just like firefox,Googole talk ,yahoo,opera ..... etc

so far I could do so for IE as I change its own conniectivity settings but I want to generalize to include all applications any suggestions Please
thx for advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You will need to create a Service like the AntiVirus applications do and hook on to the outbound port you want to proxy. That is the only way to get *true* control of the applications.

You will need to create a Service like the AntiVirus applications do and hook on to the outbound port you want to proxy. That is the only way to get *true* control of the applications.

Pleae man can U tell me if that doable in C# or no and if u have any other suggestion I will be glad

I have no idea how to go about it I just know you have to hook in to windows at a low level. This is a pretty big undertaking...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.