hi i want to create a csv file using VB.net 2003 and save the data from an array in it... i have searched everywhere and i did not find a solution.
please help :'(

Recommended Answers

What type of array and how do you want to store it? If you have an integer array you could get away with storing the values in CSV without a text qualifier:

Public Class frmArray

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
		Dim lst …
Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

What type of array and how do you want to store it? If you have an integer array you could get away with storing the values in CSV without a text qualifier:

Public Class frmArray

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
		Dim lst As New List(Of Integer)
		lst.Add(1)
		lst.Add(2)
		lst.Add(3)
		Dim intArray As Integer() = lst.ToArray()
		'Now we have test data set up

Dim lstString As New List(Of String)
		For Each i As Integer In lst
			lstString.Add(Convert.ToString(i))
		Next

System.IO.File.WriteAllText("C:\file.csv", String.Join(",", lstString.ToArray()))

End Sub
End Class

Please clarify on what type of array you have

it is a string two dimensional array

How do you want the dimensions split up then? Give us some sample data and sample output

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.