ok. There is a window xp base production server contained video files for play out. There is another server which is a linux base server placed in the network of the window xp based production server. I normally copy the files in the windo xp production server to the linux server for storage/backup and also compy it back to the window xp server at a time t. Now I want a shell script to automate this process. please help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A windows or linux script? Either machine could initiate the copy depending on how you have the shares set up.

> Now I want a shell script to automate this process.
Give us an idea of the kinds of repetitive commands you type in (and as skanke points out - which machine you type them on).

Perhaps then, we can suggest various script features to automate it.

(((please let it be Linux....)))

Thanks for the response. I want the scripts on linux machine to automate the process

> now i want a shell script to automate this process.
Give us an idea of the kinds of repetitive commands you type in (and as skanke points out - which machine you type them on).

Perhaps then, we can suggest various script features to automate it.

(((please let it be linux....)))

Look in to "rsync" on linux

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.