ok. There is a window xp base production server contained video files for play out. There is another server which is a linux base server placed in the network of the window xp based production server. I normally copy the files in the windo xp production server to the linux server for storage/backup and also compy it back to the window xp server at a time t. Now I want a shell script to automate this process. please help

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sknake

A windows or linux script? Either machine could initiate the copy depending on how you have the shares set up.

> Now I want a shell script to automate this process.
Give us an idea of the kinds of repetitive commands you type in (and as skanke points out - which machine you type them on).

Perhaps then, we can suggest various script features to automate it.

(((please let it be Linux....)))

Thanks for the response. I want the scripts on linux machine to automate the process

> now i want a shell script to automate this process.
Give us an idea of the kinds of repetitive commands you type in (and as skanke points out - which machine you type them on).

Perhaps then, we can suggest various script features to automate it.

(((please let it be linux....)))

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.