I am a total beginner that happens to own a copy of visual studio pro 2005. Would like to get a glue as to how to get the basics and advance myself. Is there anything on the daniweb site to guide novices to at least get a concept of how to proceed? No time to take a course at the moment. Looking for a way to self teach.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mnewsome

If you are a total beginner, the book "Visual Basic 2005 step by step" by Microsoft Press is very good. I used that (but the 2002 version) to teach myself.

mnewsome,

Beginning Object-Oriented Programming with VB 2005: From Novice to Professional by Apress is a very good book. Actually had it sitting right here on my desk when I saw this question. You may be able to find a more up to date edition.

Much thanks for the response. As I search for this book please note that I have since been given a copy of VS 2008 Team Suite. My project would involve smartphones. I have downloaded the SDK for mobie 6. I would like the smartphone take note of unique sequences of 'pushed buttons' to perform specific tasks. How much of a project am I looking at? I can find no literature on how to commence on such an effort. Much thanks for any informed guidance you can provide.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.