Mkay so im not sure if this is where to post this thread...but im sure anyone here can help me out here....

I work in a ware house full of equiptment of different types, all of which have a different S/N barcode. every morning i scan multiple pieces into an excel spreadsheet. Every tech has their own page in the spreadsheet. is there any way that I can scan EVERY piece of equiptment into a seperate database/inventory, then when i scan a piece into the spreadsheet it takes it out of the database in order to keep an updated inventory?...if so i would really like to know...ive been looking all over for about 2 weeks and nothing yet. HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Firstly you are looking at different operations.

1) Maintain A Database, That's pretty much done, when you have a excel spreadsheet which you can later convert into CSV (Comma separated Value ) sheet.

2) Now you need to compare two files and remove particular entry's (This file editing is done when you write down all entries into the file except for the one's you don't need. Skipping the unnecessary entries.

With these two simple tasks and an understanding of the programming language.I think it would be quite sufficient to design this. However Any other queries would be accepted.

Well.....

Firstly you are looking at different operations.

1) Maintain A Database, That's pretty much done, when you have a excel spreadsheet which you can later convert into CSV (Comma separated Value ) sheet.

2) Now you need to compare two files and remove particular entry's (This file editing is done when you write down all entries into the file except for the one's you don't need. Skipping the unnecessary entries.

With these two simple tasks and an understanding of the programming language.I think it would be quite sufficient to design this. However Any other queries would be accepted.

i was wanting to do exactly as you suggested but havent figured it out yet...im just recently starting back with programing after having worked at an auto custom shop for 4 years...im so not on my game...anyway you can be a little more detailed???...i feel stupid right now haha...i may need step by step instructions...omg i just said that...wow....

thanks for any help.

Well, we appreciate that you are trying to put-in effort. But We would require you to make an attempt at cracking the solution yourself. Then when you have an attempt, we could then come in and get ourselves into your code to mend errors (if any).

Well your program will require handling files, and may also require arrays so some reading on CLASSES or Structs, Vectors and Fstream would be of great help :)

Happy Coding!

Well, we appreciate that you are trying to put-in effort. But We would require you to make an attempt at cracking the solution yourself. Then when you have an attempt, we could then come in and get ourselves into your code to mend errors (if any).

Well your program will require handling files, and may also require arrays so some reading on CLASSES or Structs, Vectors and Fstream would be of great help :)

Happy Coding!

Looks like i gotta crack open the old code book haha...thx for the help tho. ill get back to ya when ive come up with a few lines of code and see if there are any issues that you can see.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.